Lectures & Symposia
Click the image to purchase tickets.
The Untermyer Gardens Conservancy hosts a Winter Lecture and a Symposium each year.
- 2022 Virtual Symposium: The Making of a Meadow: Considerations, Complications, Compositions
- 2021 Virtual Symposium: Garden Elements and Styles: A Conversation with Toby Musgrave and Timothy Tilghman
- 2021 Winter Lecture: The Islamic Garden as Sacred Art featuring Emma Clark
- 2020 Winter Lecture: Paradise on the Hudson featuring Caroline Seebohm
- 2019 Winter Lecture: Paradise Found: The Gardens of Mughal India featuring Stephen F. Byrns
- 2019 Symposium: Restoring Gardens: Contrasting Approaches to Restoring Historic Gardens featuring the Jay Heritage Center, Lyndhurst and Untermyer Gardens
- 2018 Winter Lecture: Persian Gardens of Iran featuring Stephen F. Byrns
- 2018 Symposium: Great American Public Gardens: Successes and Challenges featuring Louis Bauer, Andy Pettis, and Timothy Tilghman
- 2017 Winter Lecture: Untermyer Gardens: Its Periods of Glory and Its Sack featuring Stephen F. Byrns
- 2016 Winter Lecture: Untermyer Gardens: From Pompeii to Paradise -- Uncovering a Great American Garden featuring Timothy Tilghman
- 2015 Winter Lecture: Untermyer Gardens: America's Greatest Forgotten Garden featuring Stephen F. Byrns